Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to Vino and Veggies!

For our first post, we'll introduce ourselves and explain why we're spending our time blogging about vino and veggies.

My name is Morgan and I'm a major food and wine geek. I spend my free time cooking, baking, shopping for food and cookbooks, and drinking as much wine as is socially acceptable. The one catch is that the dishes I prepare are free of all meat and gluten. I've had a lot of practice with vegetarian cooking and I've never had trouble creating a delicious meal without meat! When I discovered how much I love wine, I realized that it's hard to pick up a book or walk into a wine shop and easily find a wine pairing for my vegetarian meals. This blog will be our exploration into how wine can work with vegetarian meals.

I'm Jenna, and I am pretty much Morgan's polar opposite. My favorite meal is a rare steak, and when I try to drink wine all I can taste is alcohol. However, moving to Evanston, vegetarians and wine fanatics abound, and I am starting to wonder what I'm missing. I decided to help Morgan with this blog as a motivator and to open my mind to things I never thought I would eat or drink. While my commentary might not be as helpful as hers, it should be interesting to see if I'm made into a convert (don't hold your breath).

Starting in January, we plan to meet once a week for a vegetarian friendly dinner with a wine option or two. We will then tell all of cyberspace how the pairing worked and any other comments we have. We are hoping to give vegetarian wine lovers some ideas, and maybe get some feedback from them. So read, comment, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment